Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goodbye, Mr. Bush - and Thankyou

Any of you that know me, know that I am not in to politics. I try to stay informed about the issues and I have my opinions, for sure - but I don't pay attention to the little things or get into the discussions with Cameron about the things he listens to on NPR (as I know he would enjoy).
That being said, you would think this kind of post is way outta my league, and maybe it is. However, I saw this article written in The Wall Street Journal that really caught my attention and I have to say, I Agree. The office which he held demands a certain respect that my children need to understand. Our nation has presidents that were impeached and still treated better than George W. Bush.
President Bush is not an eloquent speaker, I admit. But I am not ashamed to say I voted for him both times he was elected. He was thrown into the fire of 9/11 and I am glad he did not turn his back on the tyranny of Hussein. Freedom is what this country is founded on. So I believe Mr. Bush when he says that years from now, we will appreciate his service. I already do.

3 comments:

The Mills Family said...

Well said/put Court! I totally agree! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts!

Rachel said...

Ditto!

Ann or Mike said...

I'm with you on that one. The next few years will be interesting. Thanks for sharing. Also, I have your book of grandma Powell....someday I will remember it when we head that direction (since we do so so often).