Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eclair Cake

Cameron's birthday was January 22nd and this was the cake he requested. Its a Powell family favorite so I decided to give it a try. It was super easy and very tasty. The picture shows the one piece left from the 9x13 cake pan. Here is his mom's recipe:

Graham Crackers
1 pkg (5.6 oz) vanilla instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 tub (9.5 oz) cool whip
1 can fudge pre-made frosting

Mix the pudding with the milk according to package directions. Stir in the cool whip.
In a 9x13 pan, layer graham crackers (cut to size to fill bottom), pudding mixture, crackers, pudding, crackers. Top with entire can of frosting. Refrigerate overnight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you that need an excuse to give your kids a hug, read this blog. I came across it last night and feel such sadness for this family. Their baby passed away a couple of days ago from cancer. At a visit to the doctor just over 2 weeks ago to make sure her ear infections had cleared, the parents mentioned that she had experienced some unexplained black eyes and that her belly seemed hard. She looks to be just a little older than my baby Kate, so I've spent a lot of time today holding and hugging my baby.

2 comments:

Ann or Mike said...

What site??

Disney Mom said...

Do you know this family or did you just find the blog randomly? I read through it briefly because I can't see very well through tears but that is crazy how fast everything went! I just hope our trials with our kids are done.