Monday, February 23, 2009
Do I look like a charity case or What?!
This morning as I was entering the grocery store with all of my kids (Carson is on track break) a lady handed me the above letter and money in an envelope saying "Here. You look like you have your hands full." I didn't know what it was, thought it was maybe bounce-back coupons or something of the like, so I said "Thanks" and took it. In case you can't read the letter from the picture, it says:
"Before you spend any money give $1.00 away to someone in need.
See if I am not God TRY ME!!
give and much shall be given. give ME 10% off the top of what you need.
And I will five you more than what your ask. TALK TO ME!
I Love You
Jesus
Trust in me! As I trust in you!
Please ask me into your heart."
And then it has an address of His servant I can write to if I need someone to talk to.
Let me set the scene a little better by stating that I got up and cleaned this morning; dishes, changed bed sheets, laundry, picked up from the weekend, etc. Then when Kate woke up from her morning nap, I knew we were out of formula so I just packed everyone up and went to the store. No, I had not showered or put any make-up on. But did I really look that bad? I know this lady had good intentions, so at least I can give the money to the bishop and know that it will be put to good use.
One more question: Do you think the lady still would have given this to me if my jacket had been unzipped so she could see the BYU t-shirt I had on?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That is a funny story courtney! I can just see it. Probably because I've been there before, although not recruited for any religions, but probably looking like I needed every now and then! Hope all is well.
This is great Court! Hilarious! I'm sure every one of us have been in that situation a time or two, but not been singled out like you were. ;-)
Ha! That is something else!
I am Speechless! That's pretty comical!
ha! And no, I don't think you are a charity case! :)
Post a Comment