Here is what the kids and I put together for Father's day. I combined ideas from Roots&WingsCo and a post on TipJunkie that lead to this photo:

I also did these "Happy Meals" for the other
dads around here(i.e. my dad, brothers, and bro-in-laws) with my friend Tiff. Bakerella had an excellent tutorial complete with a pdf to print off all the packaging and they were so cute, I couldn't NOT do them! The "burgers" are cupcakes buns, brownie meat, frosting ketchup and mustard and green colored coconut lettuce and the "fries" are sugar cookies dowsed with sugar
We also did personalized M&M's for him (sorry haven't taken a picture yet). It was a good day, although would have been better if DAD hadn't been sick in bed most of the day (even missed church!)
I made Strawberry-Rhubarb pie for dessert that evening since that was what he requested. It was my first lattice top crust, but I think it turned out rather well. I'll post the recipe soon.

7 comments:
These are SOO dang cute! Super cute ideas. Love the Dad frame and the dessert burgers. I will have to keep this in mind for next year. I need all these new ideas to freshen up our holidays!
Awwww It turned out so nice! Thanks for linking us as your inspiration.
Katrina
i totally saw both of those ideas but didn't do either of them! Way to go! You should get mom of the father's day award... if there was such a thing! Way to go for making him feel so special!
I wish I were your neighbor for lots of reasons, but one that's lower on the list is so I could vote at your HOA to put in a playground! Did it pass?
I sure miss you. -Julie
I saw those cupcake burgers on Bakerella and have been dying to try them myself.
Did you get my email last week about getting together with Mar? Maybe it went to your junk mail... email me krissi_hansen@hotmail.com
I LOVE that idea for father's day and I am totally stealing it for next year! Or maybe we'll do it for April Fools--can you get a candle that smells like hamburger to help with the charade...? :)
Post a Comment