months pregnant, but it should be a good time had by all. To join our team, go to race.komenboise.org, then click on "Join an existing team" (right side of page), then find us under "Greenhill Gals". Hope to see you there! Here's a little info on the race:One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Series is the largest series of 5K run/fitness walks in the world. In 2008, races will be held in more than 100
The Boise Race became a part of this national effort in 1999. In our eight year history, the Boise Komen Race for the Cure® has grown substantially and achieved remarkable success.
The Boise Komen Affiliate is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, operating with the assistance of hundreds of volunteers and one full-time staff member. We have raised $1.5 million dollars that stays in our local service area and is dedicated to breast cancer education, screening and treatment.
Our first race was the largest ever participation level for a Komen first year race with over 6500 participants. The 2006 Boise Race for the Cure® had over 10,000 participants.
The Boise Race for the Cure® is more than a race for runners or fitness walkers. It is an opportunity for people of all ages and abilities to honor a loved one who has lost the battle with breast cancer, to show support of someone winning the battle now and to help raise funds to fight the disease.

1 comment:
so I signed up for the team and then a few days later I realized that is the same weekend I will be in California, They are actually having it on the same day there, so I will run it there. thanks so much for putting all of this together and I hope there is a good turn out.
Post a Comment